The 3rd Annual Spring Girls on the Run 5K, presented by Summit Credit Union was a huge success!
Complimentary digital race photos are available
Cheers to Focal Flame Photography for capturing such awesome memories!
Fall 2014 program information will be available in late June Online registration will open at 8 a.m., July 28
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Girls on the Run of Dane County is an Independent Council of Girls on the Run International, which has a network of over 200 councils across the United States and Canada
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Our Core Values
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others